Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Remember, Remember the month of September...

September has always been my favorite month. Most likely because it is my birthday month but I love fall and this is the month where fall begins.
Sage and Lacey have been working at NRI together. They really seem to be having a great time. It is a lot of fun when they come home on breaks to hear all of their daily adventures with the missionaries.
This year for my birthday they cleaned out my flower beds. It was the best gift ever. It had been two years since I had been able to spend any time at all on my garden and that is hard for me because I really do love it. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day if it wasn't for my girls I am afraid those beds would have suffered from neglect for another year.
The biggest surprise of all was that they didn't stop at the little bed they did the whole front of the house. It took 3 days and they were some of the hottest days in September.They did it after working at NRI in that heat all day. I felt so loved. I am so proud of my girls. They are so thoughtful and such hard workers. 
And it turned out amazing! :)
Meanwhile my amazing husband finished my pantry!
On the inside and...
The outside!! It looks better than I could have even imagined!

Chelsi and Jason finally got their little girl after three boys. This makes grandchild number eight for Marty and he couldn't be more tickled. 
Alexis Mercedeez Hollobaugh born 9-10-11 
Amber and Marcus are doing well. Amber got a job at Menards in Scottsbluff, Nebraska where Marcus goes to school. He has been sick quite a bit this month but is sounds like Amber is doing a good job of nursing him. I really think she loves being married!

My cousin Forest came to visit this month. He brought his cute pregnant wife and his adorable son. It was really fun to see them and to talk to them and hear all the updates on the family.
This month was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.
I was surprised how emotional the day was. So many things happened that day for so many people. I think it hit home hard. Having Zachary and Erick deployed right now changes the way we look a things. I though I was patriotic before. Now it's our lives and loved ones. I love my country and our freedom. I am so grateful for the men and women so willing to fight for our freedom.
It was this month 10 years ago when we made the decision to move to Nauvoo, Illinois and start over. It was the best decision we ever made. Our life has been so full of love and growth. I love my Family. I love my home. I love my friends and I love my jobs. I love my life.

Remember, Remember the month of September
when lives were changed
the way we think rearranged
It's a time we will never forget.