Monday, October 17, 2011

See Nauvoo News

There is a new newspaper in town published by the Nauvoo Betterment Association. "See Nauvoo News"It is awesome. I feel like I really know whats going on in town and believe me there is a lot going on.

According to our new paper some of the pumpkins this year may be square. There is a shortage of large pumpkins this year because of the drought so there is going to be some major creativity going on and I for one am super excited to see what they are going to do. I LOVE our annual pumpkin walk.

There is also going to be "Spirit of Nauvoo" cemetary tour. It will be on the 29th of October (same day as the pumpkin walk) from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. They have asked little ol me to drive the bus that will transport people to meet "interesting spirits as they walk among the headstones and here stories of individuals buried there". I for one am very excited!! The cost is $10 and the proceeds will benefit the Nauvoo betterment association.

I also LOVE the walking tour. I grabbed the brochures from the Bank but you can download them at http://www.seenauvoo.com/ They have awesome old pictures of Nauvoo and it is really cool to see how Nauvoo has changed over the years and to hear stories about our awesome little town. That website has calendars and news about all the fun stuff going on here. Thats where I got my picture of the pumpkin walk too. I love Nauvoo and I hope you do too.



2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I am so sad that I am missing Nauvoo again this Halloween season! Last year was bad enough...but 2 years in a row! Yuck! Next year I will not miss it though!

Kathy N said...

Jamie, you are amazing! Thank you so much for putting this on your blog. I wish more people would promote what goes on in town. Thanks!