Saturday, March 10, 2012

Catching up! Christmas 2011

I have been such a slacker! I haven't even posted Christmas and it is March!! LOL
Well I am fixing it! :)

We had a wonderful Christmas! All the kids were home. Zachary was back from Iraq and We got to spend some quality time getting to know Marcus. I just have to say everyone fits in just like they have always been part of our family forever. We had a wonderful time together and hated to see everyone go back to their own homes. I love my family!


Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa!


We opened our traditional Pajamas on Christmas Eve. I was just glad they fit everyone.




Then we did our family Nativity. We put the names of the characters in a bowl. We each drew a a paper and had 5 minutes to get our costumes. Marty was the angel, Marcus, Sage and I were the 3 wise men, Zachary was the shepherd and the dogs were sheep, Amber was Mary and Lacey was Joseph. It was really fun. The costumes were really creative and were laughed and laughed. Then we read the the story of the Birth of Christ in the New Testament. It really was a wonderful Christmas Eve.
Christmas Morning was just as fun. Everyone got fun gifts but the best part was spending time together. I can't believe my grown up children woke me up at 6am. They still get excited about Santa Clause! I've said it before and I will say it again...I LOVE MY FAMILY!!







Over the week we went and played Basketball with Marcus a few times. He was in the middle of his season and we helped as much as we could. It was actually a lot of fun!! Yes I played Ball! :)



Marcus bought Amber a new shotgun for Christmas. We went out to our good friend's Dana and Jim Tripp's property to shoot clay pigeons. It was really cold but we had a blast!! Marty taught our girls to shoot since they were really young and the son-in-laws are fine tuning their wives skills. :) Marty couldn't be prouder! We had so much fun.















When the kids went home I cried like a baby. I am so proud of them all. The best Christmas present I got this year was spending time with my family and seeing the friendship and love that my children have for each other. They are such good friends and spending time together is so wonderful. Every moment was priceless! Heavenly Fathers plan of happiness is truly based on the love and commitment of a family. I am truly happy and I am so grateful for my beautiful family!

2 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your jammies too! Very cute!

Unknown said...

check this!
http://fullandfreegamedownload.blogspot.com