Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we invited Tom and Kathryn Neal over for dinner. They were here on two missions one in 2001 and one in 2007. Both times Marty and Tom worked together and became good friends. Marty is working on building a dressing room/restroom behind the pageant stage and was able to invite Tom to come help for a few weeks. The Neals came to dinner at Noon and then left to go visit Kirtland and we did the usual Set up of the Christmas tree and then we played some games and then we went to a movie. This year we saw "Breaking Dawn part 1" it was really great!! Then we went to the BLACK FRIDAY SALES!! They started at midnight but Marty wanted a Radiant Heater from Menards for $69 so he stood in line, 2nd in line for 7 hours in the cold to get it. I tried to spell him off and give him a bathroom break but he wouldn't even let me stand out there with him because he said the guys there were being to crude and he didn't want me around it so I stayed in the warm car. But when I did go there the last 1/2 hour they were all perfect gentlemen. Marty said it was strange how much different the conversation went. I think they heard him talking to me on the phone but whatever it was I was grateful. Well we got it and one for the Neals. We got home at 7 am and slept all day. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have the whole family there!! I am Thankful for so many things. Our Family, our home, our jobs and the gospel of Jesus Christ that brings so much peace and joy to our lives. Life is good and we are happy.






No comments: